Monday, October 20, 2014

Late Library Books

Today was very hard.
Having to confront feelings that have been left unsaid.
I thought saying it would make me feel better, but it didn't.
The feelings were not returned.
I sit here hoping maybe they are a late library book
Maybe in time they will be returned.
sure there maybe a slight fine on it
but the point is they are making it back to where they came from.

But what if the overdue book is returned to a different library?
It's one of my favorite books and I want it back on my shelves.
This is so hard, there are plenty of books I could keep on my shelves
But only one I know by heart.
The one with the dog eared pages, and broken binding.
Coffee stains on the cover and high lighted words.
I will wait and hope the book is returned
and when it is I'm never letting it get check out again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment